Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lays and Response

Hi. My husband tried your BLT flavored chips the other day and absolutely loved it. He mentioned how delicious the seasoning is and I was wondering if there is a way to get some of that BLT seasoning used on your chips. It would be a fun surprise if I was able to give my husband some of his favorite seasoning to use on other foods. I know it's probably a weird request, but I figured I would ask. Please let me know if there is anyway to secure some BLT seasoning for personal use. Thanks!

****************

Hi Angela,

Thank you so much for offering to share your idea with us.

We are flattered of your interest in wanting to assist Frito-Lay, however, are not able to accept unsolicited ideas or suggestions from outside our company. The purpose is to preserve good relations with the public and to avoid any misunderstandings as to the origin of an idea. We have in-house teams and agencies responsible for providing innovation for our businesses.

We hope you understand our position and that you will continue to enjoy snacks from Frito-Lay. Thanks again for thinking of us.

Best regards,

Tina
Frito-Lay Consumer Relations

*******************

My comments: Ummm...I think they missed the point of my letter. I was not suggesting a product idea; I was asking for the seasoning they already make - just chip-free. I guess they thought I was asking them to market seasoning. Really, I just wanted them to bottle up some of the seasoning from their giant seasoning bin and send it to me. I guess it really was a weird request (as I even stated in my letter) - so weird in fact that they couldn't comprehend what I was asking for.

1 comment:

  1. they probably have a pre-written response they send to every email that it could slightly apply to.

    ReplyDelete

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com